Hookum Trolling Spoons by Peetz Outdoors
Designed by PEETZ founder, Boris Cecil Peetz, in the 1930's, the Hookum trolling spoon is a top performing lure and West Coast icon.
The Hookum features a swivel connector that extends out from one side, rather than from its end like a traditional spoon. This unique design makes the spoon unstable and forces it to favour one side over the other, which produces a behaviour somewhere between a spoon and a plug lure.
At 2.5 to 3 knots trolling speed, the Hookum darts left and right erratically, while performing occasional 360-degree spins. This unpredictable action is irresistible to most species of sport fish, such as salmon, cod, trout, bass & pike.
PEETZ is pleased to reintroduce this legendary lure with some exciting updates. Each Hookum #4 trolling spoon is individually pressed and hand polished at PEETZ workshop in Victoria, BC, using top quality, solid brass that is then nickel coated. They are finished using a wide array of heavy-duty UV and Glo-rich Mylar colour combinations with eye-popping prismatic, holographic and iridescent patterns.
- Made in Canada
- High-quality solid brass, nickel plated for bright, durable finish
- Extra-strength #5 split rings
- High quality 4/0 Mustad 95170SS Siwash Hook (but works well with hook sizes ranging from 2/0 to 6/0 to match your targeted species)
- Modern UV and glow Mylar (prismatic, holographic and iridescent color combinations)
Specifications for Model #4
- Spoon Maximum Width: 0.75" (19mm)
- Spoon Length: 3" (76mm)
- Weight: 0.56oz (16 grams)